Sunday 18 July 2010

Battle Report - Eldar vs Blood Angels 2000 points

Sorry Mercer but I had to borrow this from you hope you don't mind.




| 


I went and had a game with Justicar Alaric from Dakka Dakka Friday just gone, and yes this time I didn't get pulled by the cops on the way home for speeding lol. Here's the report:






Eldar "The Lost" - 2,000 points 




HQ 


Farseer - doom, guide & spirit stones


Farseer - guide & runes of warding


Elites 


5 x Fire Dragons w/ Wave Serpent serpent w/ twin-linked brightlance & shuriken cannon


5 x Fire Dragons w/ Wave Serpent serpent w/ twin-linked shuriken cannon & shuriken cannon


5 x Fire Dragons w/ Wave Serpent serpent w/ twin-linked shuriken cannon & shuriken cannon


Troops 


10 x Dire Avengers w/ Wave Serpent serpent w/ twin-linked brightlance & shuriken cannon


10 x Dire Avengers w/ Wave Serpent serpent w/ twin-linked brightlance & shuriken cannon


10 x Dire Avengers w/ Wave Serpent serpent w/ twin-linked brightlance & shuriken cannon


6 x Guardian jetbikes - 2 x shuriken cannon


Heavy Support


Fire Prism


Fire Prism


Total: 1992




Blood Angels - 2,000 points


HQ


Reclusiarch - infernus pistol


Elite


5 x Terminators w/ Land Raider - heavy flamer


2 x Sanguinary Priests - jump packs


Troops


10 x Death Company w/ Land Raider Crusader - infernus pistol, hand flamer, thunder hammer x2 and power fist - Crusader w/ multi melta


10 x Assault Marines - 2 x meltaguns sgt w/ power fist


10 x Assault Marine - 2 x plasma guns


Fast Attack


5 x Vanguard - thunder hammer


Game: Pitched battle & annilation


Deployment


I won the roll off but let Angels go first. My theory was to let those Land Raiders move into my melta and brightlance range saves me chasing after them or being out of range on my first turn. Angels deployed The Crusader and the meltagun Assault Squad, a building hiding most the Assault Squad from LOS, but I could get at them from another angle. The plasma A.S started on my right flank near the shrine ruin, I could see they was trying to flank down but this probably wasn't the best idea as they have no shield to protect them and with clear LOS for Fire Prisms they wouldn't possibly last long, plus it would take several turns for them to get into range. The Vanguard went into reserve to deep strike in later.


I deployed with my four brightlance Serpents aiming at the Raiders, two per Raider. I deployed the Fire Dragons around these to use as support. Finally the Fire Prisms to take out Assault Squads from afar and the Jetbikes on the right flank to gun down the Assault Squad from a distance.






*Tactical Notes


I plan to use the lances on the Land Raiders and pop them both, I'll then flank around and use mass meltaguns from the Fire Dragons and along with infantry support to gun down the Terminators and Death Company. I'll use the Fire Prisms to tackle the Assault Marines and I'll deal with the Vanguard when they come in.


Turn 1


Both Raiders move 12" the Crusader shields the meltagun Assault Squad while the plasma Assault Squad flanks down.


Shooting the Crusader fires multi melta at a Wave Serpent it either misses or does no damage I cannot remember which. A single lascannon fires from the Raider but does no damage on a Wave Serpent.


My first turn I move a single Fire Dragon Serpent out and towards the Crusader but still 12" away. I move the unit of Fire Dragons with the dual power Farseer along with the Jetbikes for support to shoot at the plasma Assault Squad. Everything else holds ground.


I fire two brightlances at both Land Raiders but only manage to pop the standard Land Raider. Both Fire Prisms fire at each Assault Squad, the meltagun squad loses three Marines but the other is fine thanks to the Priest.


Kill points are Eldar 1 Angels 0






*Tactical Notes


Well a single Land Raider is down which isn't bad and I've got a Wave Serpent with Fire Dragons in position to take out the other one. I'll disembark the unit of Fire Dragons with the dual power Farseer (though leave hmi inside) and use them to gun down the Terminators now out the exploded Land Raider.


Turn 2


The meltagun Assault Squad uses terrain nicely here using it as a shield from the Fire Prisms and heads towards the Dragon Serpent near the Crusader. The Crusader moves 12" and the Death Co bail out towards the Dragon Serpent which also has the Guide-Seer inside. The plasma gun Assault Squad moves down the board and the Vanguard come in from reserve, the Vanguard scatter onto one of my units and thanks to a nice roll on the deep strike mishap table I place them where ever I want - at the back of the Angels deployment zone! The Terminators advance out of cover towards my lines :D


Shooting the Crusader fires multi melta and immobilises the Wave Serpent near it. The Death Co fire infernus pistols and pop the Guide-Seer Wave Serpent.


In assault the Death Co make mince meat of the Fire Dragons and Guide-Seer killing the entire unit! :(


In my turn the Fire Dragons bail out the immobilised Wave Serpent and move towards the Crusader. I move all my Serpents around and bail out all infantry ready to take aim at the Death Co. I bail out the other Fire Dragons and they move into terrain and lining up the Terminators, their Serpent with the Farseer in turbo boosts towards the Death Co.


I cast doom and guide powers but doom fails, a Dire Avenger unit gets guide though. Fire Dragons pop the Crusader other Fire Dragons fire at the Terminators but fail to kill them all, brightlances from some of the Serpents finish the job off. Death Co get shot by all three Dire Avenger units and a Fire Prism and I only manage to kill 1 after the covers saves.


Points are now Eldar 3: Angels 3






*Tactical Notes


Damn Death Co killed a Serpent, Fire Dragons and Farseer in a single turn and then swallowed a billion shuri catapult shots too! God damn feel no pain! lol. I'm in trouble now as if they make the right assault rolls through cover they can multi assault two Dire Avenger units which will put me in trouble. Hopefully they won't make it...


Turn 3


Death Co move out of the Wave Serpent wreckage and take no dangerous terrain wounds, they move towards my wall of infantry. Meltagun Assault Squad moves to assault the Fire Dragons which wrecked the Crusader while the other unit goes to assault the other Dragons. The Vanguard move down the board and run but still miles away from anything.


Shooting both Fire Dragons get shot up but only lose one Dragon per unit. Death Co fire at my Dire Avengers but only kill 2 models after saves.


In assault both Assault Squads charge the Dragons but the Dragons hold dispite only two left per unit. The Death Co fails it's assault move through cover rolling a 1 and 2! Thank the heavens! :)


I spin the Wave Serpent wall around so now facing the Death Co who at not in terrain! No other movement.


I cast doom on the Death Co but this time fail guide, doh! I unleash hell on the Death Co and it takes 60 shuri catapult shots, 15 shuri cannon shots, 2 fire prism blasts and 3 brightlances to put them and the Reclusiarch down! But by george they're dead!


In assault the Jetbike squad charges into the plasma Assault Squad fight, the Fire Dragons are killed though the fight remains on. The other Assault Squad/Dragon fight sees the Dragons slaughtered.


Points are Eldar 5: Angels 5




*Tactical Notes


Well thank fuck those Death Company bastards are dead; damn they're tough shits! Now I'll use Dire Avengers to reinforce the Jetbike squad and this time remember to allocate attacks onto the Priest so they lose feel no pain! I'll use the rest of my guns to kill the remaining Assault Squad and Vanguard.


Turn 4


The Assault Squad move with their meltas towards the immobilised Wave Serpent hoping to get a easy kill point. Vanguard move down the board more but still away from the fight for another turn.


The Assault Squad wreck the Wave Serpent either in the shooting phase or assault; I think it was assault as I don't remember them firing. In the assault I forget to put attacks on the Priest again and I lose some Jetbikes; luckily they stay in the fight again.


In my turn I move available Wave Serpents towards the Assault Squad ready to gun them down. I run two Avenger squads towards the Jetbike fight while the other unit moves through terrain to spot the Assault Squad which just wrecked my Serpent. A single Fire Prism moves to draw line of sight to the Vanguard.


Shooting I fire several brightlances, shuri cannons and shuri catapults at the Assault Squad, only three remain inc Priest but they pass morale and hang on. Fire Prism fires and kills 3 Vanguard, a Wave Serpent finishes the job with brightlance and shuri cannon fire killing the remaining of the unit.


In combat both Avengers charge, one unit puts all attacks on the Priest which sees him dead while the Assault Squad starts taking wounds. Combat is a draw.


Points are now Eldar 7: Blood Angels 5




*Tactical Notes


Damn, I was hoping that Assault Squad would be dead or flee. Ah well hopefully they won't do much damage and I can kill them next turn. I'm glad I piled in the Avengers as the fight has turned around a lot more in my favour. Only thing left to do now is kill the Assault Squads and I've won tabling the Angels; lets see.


Turn 5


The battered Assault Squad moves towards my Eldar and assaults the Farseer Serpent scoring a weapon destroyed and crew shaken result with a power fist.


In my turn I cast doom and guide on the Assault Squad and a Avenger unit locked in combat; doesn't say you can't....I gun down the remaining Assault Squad but fail to do the job on the one locked in combat leaving 3 Marines remaining.


At this point we call it a day as Blood Angels have only 3 Space Marines left while I've got 2/3 of my army kicking around. Win for the Eldar with a total of 10 points to 6.


Summary


Interesting battle for the Eldar as I was planning on selling them, still not decided. Anyway, change of subject. I thought this time Justicar's list was a lot better. Priests make Assault Squads really durable and Death Co are still a pain in the ass but a Land Raider on the table is better than a deep striking one ;) . A few mistakes by Justicar however, with all those Fire Dragons and brightlances he should have popped smoke the first turn with his Land Raiders which would help him a great deal. By doing this he could have got the Terminator squad in range and use them and the Crusader could have mauled infantry. Also sometimes he doesn't shoot before assaulting, do you do this intentionally Kris? I did point out that Death Co should fire infernus at the Wave Serpent, which was a benefit for Kris (Justicar) as they wrecked the Serpent and killed the squad inside so they got 3 kill points instead of 1 as he was just going to assault the Wave Serpent.


Though a few mistakes myself too. I forgot to allocate some of my attacks on a Priest in combat twice, if I would have done this those Assault Marines would have done without FnP for two turns. I guess I should have also bailed out the Fire Dragons I moved first turn, after all I moved them for backup. Sure they would have died but the Land Raider would be destroyed and the Death Co would be baited one way or another to attack those Fire Dragons which would allow me to shoot them to death sooner. Ah well

No comments:

Post a Comment